Sunday, April 3, 2011

25 Part 2

It's going to be hard to come up with 25 more, but I am really digging this so I'm going to give it a shot.

Head to Megan Writes to do the same!


I still don't know how to 'grab a button.' Sigh. I'll figure it out one day...maybe.

Anyway, on to the facts!

26. I don't answer my phone if I don't recognize the number. Even if I'm expecting a phone call.
27. I am terrified of spiders, but living in Hawaii has made it a necessity to no longer freak out and just kill the stupid things. I guess that's a good thing.
28. I love giving advice, but I'm always scared that I am going to tell the person the wrong thing. I try to just help guide the person and not outright say what I think they should do.
29. I miss my husband's friends from NC. They were great guys, and we don't have a group of them here yet.
30. I love reading celebrity gossip, but only on the internet. I'm not paying for that nonsense.
31. It's 10.30 Sunday morning. My house is clean. I have no errands. I don't know what I'm going to do the rest of the day. I don't like that.
32. I want to be a teacher, but I'm afraid I won't be any good at it. And I don't want to be a bad teacher and screw up kids.
33. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, but I miss a lot of jokes. For some reason, I just don't get them.
34. I love crime shows and wish I could do that, but I don't want to be a cop. And working for NCIS or something like that would not really work being married to a Marine.
35. Speaking of jobs I can't have, I feel like I have given up a lot to be married to B, but I don't regret a single one because I know he's the right person for me to spend the rest of my life with.
36. I wish I had an accent. Southern, NY, British, whatever. It'd be fun. I can adopt them all, but it's not the same thing.
37. I sometimes forget how old I am when I am shopping for clothes and pick things up and go, Oh. I am not 20 anymore. Dammit.
38. I want to know how to get rid of the internal working mom vs. stay at home mom debate. I wasn't prepared for it to be so hard to decide.
39. I don't like to cuddle. 95% of the time, I don't want to be touched. This is hardest for Bug. She wants to touch and be cuddled all the time. And I love her dearly, but it drives me nuts.
40. I love cooking and am not bad at it. But I want to be able to come up with my own recipes that are just blow-your-mind-awesome.
41. In an attempt to keep Bug a little girl and not one of those annoying too grown up tweens, I fight people about letting her do stuff. She's four, she does not need to get a mani/pedi. She doesn't need 451638 Barbies. She will NEVER have a Bratz doll. No Hannah Montana, iCarly, anything like that. No pretend boyfriends, no cell phones, etc. I don't care if this seems overprotective. I want my kid to be a kid. Not one of those insane 8 year olds who acts like she's 16.
42. If I could, I would rearrange all the rooms in my house probably once a month.
43. When we stop moving, I want to have a fair amount of land because I want a lot of dogs. But I don't want to have to walk them everyday.
44. I haven't been to Europe since 2008 and I think it's slowly killing me.
45. I am super proud of the fact that my husband is a Marine, and he has totally brainwashed me in to thinking that the Marine Corps is the best branch by far. It's bad.
46. I could spend all weekend reading and be totally happy. Bug would not like it.
47. I truly do not understand my Mother-in-Law. I love her and appreciate her, but we are so incredibly different, I just don't 'get' her. But I don't think she gets me either.
48. I'm not religious, but I carry my grandmother's rosary in my purse at all times. It's in a special pouch with a set of B's dog tags, a special coin he gave me for our first deployment together, and one of Bug's hair things. I consider it my lucky bag.
49. I hate math, but I am so proud of myself when I figure a math problem out. It's one of my favorite challenges. But I hate it.
50. I miss my sorority and my sisters way more than I thought I would when I graduated. It sounds stupid, but you really do make amazing relationships with your sisters. Still one of the best decisions I've ever made. <3 Phi Mu.

Ok,that one took a lot longer than the first one. I'm interested to see how the next two go!

No comments:

Post a Comment