Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mac Attack!

Firrrrst off, I have to share that I am on a brand new MacBook! YAY! The reason I haven't been on here for a while is because ALL our computers crashed - I don't even know how. Well, I know how mine crashed - it's four years old and I've done a LOT on it. B's was having issues, so the geek that he is, he decided it to take it apart. Our desktop has been out of commission for a while, so for a few days we had nothing. Thank goodness for our iPhones. :) So, since we'd been talking about each getting a new Mac with our tax return money, B surprised me and bought us each a laptop!

So now that I'm BACK on my own computer and it's wonderful and fast and lovely, I can finally try blogging again. I was doing so good while B was gone. Then he came home and took his computer back over. LAME. Haha.

Clearly, there has been a lot going on in the world AND my life recently, so let's see what happens with this post!

Osama bin Laden is dead. I'm glad he's not a threat anymore but you I don't think I will ever say I am glad someone is dead. I don't care who they are. What's that Martin Luther King Jr quote? We will never learn to live in peace by killing other's children. Yeah.

I also have to say, I was ashamed of my generation for their celebrating in the streets. Really, who thought that was appropriate? I understand the relief people probably felt, but did they not think about how disgusted we as a country are when our 'enemies' do the same thing when they kill one of our service members? So while I do care how it made us look to our enemies, my biggest concern was how we stooped so low - right to their level.

Finally, I am not sure how some people think this means an end to the war. We just killed their leader. How does that make anyone think we are done with this? Also, a lot of reports were that lately, bin Laden has just been a figurehead. So they have a new, evil leader. And to send our troops home now? What about the Afghan people who have been helping us? Our base has new restrictions on getting on base; I'm sure bases in Afghanistan are under pretty serious security. I feel as though Afghanistan is more dangerous now than it was when bin Laden was alive.

I hope - but do not think - that this at least means a sooner end than before.

Moving on.

I've had lots of 'Oh being married to a Marine' moments lately. You'd think I'd be over it by now...not so much.

He came home a few weeks ago and Bug and I are thrilled. Last weekend, however, he had to go welcome the guys from his battalion home from Afghanistan. He came home so upset. The first thing he was , "I should have been getting off the plane, not f-ing greeting them." *(Obviously he didn't say f-ing, but I think you get it without me having to say it.)*

And you know what's weird? I totally understand. Ok. Not totally as in I want to go too, but I know why he wants to go. And I hope he gets to. I was talking to my future sister in law *(remember, brother in law is also a Marine. He's deployed three times and they are waffling about whether or not he'll be sent this fall. SIL is anxious.)* and she didn't understand why I was so chill about it. I was trying to explain the whole "They are Marines; it's their job" and eventually got to the "They are Marines; they are weird!!" and I finally realized why I'm so ok with him going. I told SIL, it's kind of a compliment that he so badly wants to go. She was astonished. But it is. He's so ok with us as a couple and me as a person and a parent that he has no hesitation/nothing holding him back and just wants to GO. He's volunteered with a group similar to his, but they don't need his MOS. We'll see what happens.

Well, I have a lot more to type *(like my recent frustration with the doctors here)* but I'm supervising while Bug cleans her room. I'm bribing her with her own Easter candy. It was working, but apparently, she can't clean if I am typing. Blargh. Somedays I just want to throw all her stuff away!

No comments:

Post a Comment