Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Thoughts

So in just a few short days, B will be leaving. He'll definitely be gone at least a month. Possibly six. He is not deploying, he's just going TAD for a while.

I should be upset. And I am. I mean, that's a long time for my husband to be gone. I know, I know, I know. Marine Corps Wife - suck it up, move on, it's what happens. I KNOW.

But still. It doesn't matter when, where, or how long they leave, it still sucks. Right?

Anyway. I guess it's my coping mechanism, but all I can do is keep thinking about things that will change for the good while he's gone.

Way less laundry.
No more 3.30 am alarms.
No tiny little hairs and puddles of water around the sink from the morning shave.
NO stinky PT gear.
Dinner for two: less to cook and less to clean.
No guns. No cleaning guns. No shows about guns. No talk about guns.
Sleeping in the middle of the bed.

So I keep thinking about those good things and it's making it a lot easier. The most annoying/frustrating part right now, is that we don't know a return date. Or month. Or season even. At least I know he should be home this year. That's something, right? Oh Marine Corps. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

BUT when he gets home, we are going to start trying to have a baby! I'm pretty excited. But I want a healthy pregnancy, so I've started going to the gym. If you knew me, your jaw would be on the ground right now. Today was my first session and it wasn't too bad. I got the personal trainer, since it's $5/hour. She had me do a few things and thank goodness, she's very nice and friendly. I don't want a Drill Instructor telling me to walk faster. I would probably just quit.

That is one of the reasons the whole no return date is so flippin' frustrating. I'm WAY too excited about the idea of having a baby and knowing that I have to wait until he gets home...blech.

I've started reading some books and things online about having babies. It's kind of gross, huh? That's a bit daunting, but I keep hearing the end result is worth it, so we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment